1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting Geared For Less | Level 80

Discussion in 'Guild Wars 2' started by Abaddon, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Abaddon

Abaddon Your Worst Nightmare Council Member

CZs Received:
    Once you hit level 80 it can be confusing on where to get all your gear to maximize your stats. Exotics are a must and tend to be very expensive and hard to find. Some forget all the options they have and go straight to the TP and run out of money. Get fully gear in exotics before trying for ascended and legendaries.

FOR EXOTIC
    List of All Exotic Armor (Minus the new Nomad Stat)
    List of All Weapons

There are many options for getting geared:

1. Buy it from the Trading Post with gold (This should be avoided as TP prices are usually outrageous). Most people buy with other currencies for cheaper and after geared get the "cool looking" gear and transmute the skin to their current weapons to make them look cool, especially since it is rare to find your stats on the gear you like best. You will want to save your gold for superior sigils and runes.

2. Buy it from the vendors in Dragonbrand Borderlands (WvW) with Badges of Honor earned in WvW. This is the easiest and cheapest way to get geared. Run with the zerg and kill people and make a bit of gold and karma and you're set.

3. Buy it from vendors with dungeon tokens. This is absolutely free but extremely boring and time consuming to farm enough tokens from that one dungeon - especially infuriating on difficult dungeons. But if you have ran dungeons through leveling, it's always worth checking to see if you have unused tokens laying around for free gear. Note: different dungeons carry different stats, and a couple variations of stats so read carefully.

4. Buy it from vendors with Karma. Not recommended if you want a legendary, but if not it's free but very expensive on Karma which is a very slow process to farm. You can buy exotic armor from NPC's scattered randomly throughout Orr and from the temples surrounding. Note: Different NPC's sell only a couple pieces of the set, so you have to read carefully and mix and match from different NPC's to get a full set of the same stat. You can buy a full set of exotic trinkets from a single NPC at the temples only when they are uncontested.

Karma Armor List + Locations
    Temple Trinket List - Stats not listed will sadly have to be bought from the TP, :(

5. Craft it! Cheaper than the TP only if you already have the proper crafting levels up. If not, it can cost a ton of money to get your crafting to level 400.

6. Exotic Fractal Capacitor backpiece can be bought from Fractals for 1,350 fractal relics, and is upgradable to ascended.

Recommended:
    Armor: WvW Vendor - ~6g + 1,000 badges
    Weapons: WvW Vendor - 2g + 500 badges (for 2) - 4g +1,000 badges (for 4)
    Trinkets: Temple Vendors - 210,000 Karma (42,000 karma each)
    Backpiece: Fractal Capacitor - 1,350 fractal relics

FOR ASCENDED
    Ascended Armor and Weapons cannot be bought, they can only be crafted (Level 400-500 Guides) or attained by very lucky drops from WvW and completing Fractals. WvW drops are extremely rare, and fractal drops can be increased by running more (the higher the difficulty scale and reward level you have the better the chance)

All ascended trinkets (minus backpiece) can be bought with laurels earned from weeks of dailies. There is a regular more expensive laurel trader and a cheaper one in WvW with a combination of badges of honor. Ascended accessories have to be combined with globs of ectoplasm (acquired from salvaging level 68 rares and higher). Ascended backpieces have to be crafted from scratch or you can upgrade the exotic capacitor bought from Fractals. You can buy ascended rings from Fractals with Pristine Fractal Relics. You can buy ascended accessories from the Guild Commendation Trader for 12 commendations (earned from completing guild missions) plus 5 gold. If you got the meta for the WvW tournament, you could buy one accessory with the tokens.

You can infuse (add an extra "infusion" specific slot for agony resistance) your ascended trinkets with crafting in the mystic forge or getting lucky drops in high level fractals.

Acquisition
    Amulet:
    Laurel Vendor - 30 laurels
    WvW Laurel Vendor - 20 laurels + 250 badges of honor
    Rings:
    Laurel Vendor - 35 laurels
    WvW Laurel Vendor - 25 laurels + 250 badges
    Fractals - 10 pristine fractal relics
    Accessories:
    Laurel Vendor - 40 laurels + 50 ecto's
    Guild Vendor - 12 commendations + 5 gold
    Backpiece:
    Crafted
    Upgraded exotic fractal piece - 1350 fractal relics

Recommendation (In Order):
    Amulet: WvW Laurel Vendor - 20 laurels + 250 badges of honor
    (a month of dailies and a bit of WvW)
    Rings: Fractals - 10 pristine fractal relics X2 (complete 20 fractals total)
    Accessories: Guild Vendor - 12 commendations + 5 gold X2 (1-2 month's worth of guild missions total)
    Backpiece: Fractals - 1350 fractal relics + crafted upgrade
    (Depending on level and how many you do )

• Agree Agree x 1
    Tags:
  2. Golden

Golden New Guy! Registered User

CZs Received:
    You can't salvage the Karma\Badges of Honor armour and weapons. So if you put runes\sigils (looking at you strength\hoelbrak runes) that are worth around 10g each you won't be able to get them out again so you should be pretty sure of your build before you use any runes\sigils of value on karma\badges armour\weapons ;)

• Like Like x 2
  3. Abaddon

CZs Received:
    Yes, that is something I just found out about. I put 60g worth of runes (Melandru) on WvW armor as well as Bloodlust on a weapon, and they are there to stay. I would recommend buying an armor and weapon set with gold or farming a dungeon for it, so you can later remove the expensive runes if you are unsure of your build.

4. Golden

CZs Received:
    Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeah but crafting is super expensive if you didn't level it up to 400 pre-four winds patch due to the huge raw crafting material sink into those Zepherite boxes. Buying it off the trading post is just as bad (aside from medium armour which is all super duper cheap compared to heavy\light).

It would be easy to farm for dungeon tokens if you have a good group, I think CoE, CoF and Arah all offer zerk armour which is the meta for all professions really (and on top of that you get new skins AND around 2g per run). Before you try a build you can always test it out in PvP, just find an empty server and duel one of your fronds.

Also for the ascended back piece, Fractals would be the hardest route for a new player since you need 250 globs of ectos (about 100g atm) and one gift of ascension (500 fractal relics) and some other junk that can only be aquired through doing Fractals. I farmed my maxed Fractal back bit for two weeks and it is incredibly crappy\boring\fustrating, even more so if you are sticking around the level 0-20 mark due to the lower number of fractal relics you recieve per fractal. Plus you need someone to teach you how to Fractal (I hear Abaddon is super good with teaching new people lel).

On the plus side, however, after you reach personal reward level 11 in Fractals you have a very high chance to get a random stat ascended ring in your daily chest.

The easiest (imho) would be to get a stack of whatever T6 material, 40 crystals (bought with skill points) 50 Ectos and either 250 bloodstone dust\vial of condensed mist essence (random low level fractal drop). It does cost about 170g though.

Oh yeah, plus if you have a side guild that does guild missions you can buy an exotic back piece for like 1g and 2 commendations or whatever but I think the stats are limited to like knights, zerk and assasians. I think you can also buy them in wvw too.

I am not too sure, I haven't touched exotic back pieces since before Christmas though ;)

5. Abaddon

CZs Received:
    For the back piece, that will most likely be the LAST ascended trinket you will get. I was saying after getting to level 80 some may have some fractal relics laying around they could put towards the exotic fractal capicitor, which will be what you will have to deal with until you farm enough to upgrade it. But even upgrading it would still be waaaayyy cheaper and less time consuming than crafting one from scratch. I crafted an ascended berserker quiver from scratch and it cost soooo much money and time to complete. :/

I'll never craft another from scratch, I will only upgrade the fractal capacitor for the rest of my characters. Back pieces are a real pain to acquire.

6. Golden

CZs Received:
    Hnnng, I guess the back piece would be the last thing to get if you are new. I normally find the amulet to be the last thing I get for my alts because of the 1 laurel a day thing and just rush craft the back piece to reskin to look amazin'

You can get the quiver of a thousand arrows and you can choose your stats twice (once when you forge it the first time and then again "if" you upgrade it in the forge to infused). So if you chose knights and deicde you want that extra zerk in your life and change it assuming you have the required items. I made a Celestial one, then upgraded it to a Zerk one around two months ago ;_;

(http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Quiver_of_a_Thousand_Arrows)

7. Abaddon

CZs Received:
    I would love to infuse my full set of zerker trinkets, is it really worth it or no?

8. Golden

CZs Received:
    Uhhhhhhhh depends what you are planning on doing. Do you have a stock pile of the mist essence in your bank? I have all of mine infused because I do and I used to do level 50 fractals before I got lazy and only play for the fashion\trolls\legendaries.

I can't comment on infusing them for the wvw infusions, never done it before. I know some people in [BEAR] use them and their damage\healing is increased by like 5% or some rubbish.

9. Abaddon

CZs Received:
    Yeah, makes sense for upper level fractals, but idk if it's worth it for stat bonuses

10. Abaddon

CZs Received:
    Although @Trenttos tried adding in agony to his infusion slot and it destroyed it?

11. Golden

CZs Received:
    Yea you can only have ONE infusion at a time so you have to chose between AR or the WvW infusions.

BUT.. it is Trent sooooooooooo :p

12. Abaddon

CZs Received:
    Wait, so if you have an INFUSED ring with an EXTRA infusion slot, what are your options?

13. Golden

CZs Received:
    Well you can only infuse rings\back items...

Work blocks uploading images\doing anything cool so have a url instead ;)

http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/gw2-beta-fractal-capacitor.jpg

- Your base ascended infusion slot (that ALL ascended items have) is where you put the +5 simple agony infusion\whatever other WvW infusion you want.
    - The added slot is where you can only put the craftable +whatever you can craft infusions.

Dunno if it helps, I am a super noob.

14. Abaddon

CZs Received:
    Makes sense, thanks!

15. Golden

CZs Received:
    No worries matey