1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GW2 Update - The Edge of the Mists

Discussion in 'Frontpage News' started by Sandbag, Feb 5, 2014.

• by Sandbag, Feb 5, 2014 at 4:08 AM
  • Sandbag

Sandbag Wanna buy a watch? Council Member

CZs Received:
    [​IMG]

New GW2 content. Get on it!

The Edge of the Mists release introduces The Edge of the Mists, a new World versus World map players can access at any time. The map provides a location for players to participate in while they are in the queue for World versus World. Players can fight for supply drops to their respective keeps in the primary WvW maps. The Edge of the Mists was revealed after Scarlet Briar ripped open a portal to The Mists and heroes must journey to defend it. This portal has cause spatial disruptions elsewhere in the world as well.

• Like Like x 1
    Tags:
  • Categories: Uncategorized

Comments

Discussion in 'Frontpage News' started by Sandbag, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Trenttos
    Sandbag I see your getting into gw2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. garler
    Yes, I'm brainwashing him.
  3. Abaddon
    Sandbag and I tried out this new WvW map last night. It is very cool and creepy. I love the art of it. But very poor vision due to the heavy fog and very hard to navigate since the whole map is made of small floating islands connected by hard to find bridges. This makes it way too easy to trap and corner people off since most times there's only one or two bridge exits, most times cut off by an enemy zerg rushing both and destroying your team. I would refer to the map as a "hardcore WvW map," because it's quite challenging and hard to keep everyone together. Still quite refreshing and I had fun. :) One feature Sandbag and I thought was REALLY great was the idea of being able to destroy/rebuild any bridge - completely cutting off the enemy.
  4. Sandbag
    there is NO time for checking out your loadout or taking in the view once you've left the safety of spawn.

Because of the map design and environmental elements, like fog, you can appear to be totally safe one minute - blink - zerg - dead. It's epic. In the end I found myself being very aware of where I positioned myself when my team were sieging, which bridges went where, who controlled what. It's a very aggressive game.

A lot of people complained about how far you had to run - but if the map was much smaller it would just be brutal.

I had fun - and I made a new friend. Well Ash, my Asura did ;) He has an Elementalist buddy to compare daggers with, now.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. garler
    Oh my Sandy.... oh my.... Also, I played the map, and I found it fairly boring myself. Don't know why haha. Maybe I'm just a die-hard classic World Vs World guy.
  6. Sandbag
    Boring? It's brutal!

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk