1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BAN | Cyrus

Discussion in 'BANS' started by Supplice, Feb 7, 2014.

1. Supplice

Supplice He who flatters his superiors, betrays them. Council Member

CZs Received:
    Just :wtf: to coming in to each individual channel, posting links to everyone and leaving immediately. Perma ban until somebody tells me who they are and I have a chance to make them stop spamming stupid stuff. For the record, the link they were spamming http://runetrack.com/profile.php?user=miss brooke It has something to do with RuneScape from the looks of it.

Ban Length: Perma, from 2/6/2014

Also, I believe this is the 2nd or 3rd time it's happened...

Tags:
  2. {PR} Liam

{PR} Liam He who hesitates is lost! -Bass.exe Tekkit Admin

CZs Received:
    by the same person..... if i remember right.....

3. Gorian

Gorian everybody do the flop! Council Member

CZs Received:
    and thus, sticky groups ;)

4. Supplice

CZs Received:
    Works reaaaaallllyyyyy well when the person joins the server and disconnects within 15 seconds, and isn't assigned to a group to get a unique ID to assign them to any kind of sticky GROUP to force them to sit in the lobby, don't you think?

5. Gorian

Gorian everybody do the flop! Council Member

CZs Received:
    I was referring to this, makes it sound like he went to every channel on the server. And you can assign groups to anyone. They are in the "guest" group by default...

6. Supplice

CZs Received:
    :p I meant it more as in the ones that were populated, where people weren't AFK. And I don't think you're thinking this one through very well, anyone in the guest group is automatically hidden from view....

7. {PR} Liam

CZs Received:
    well if a client connected shouldnt the client id be listed in the logs?

8. Supplice

CZs Received:
    A database ID is listed to identify them, yes, but not the Unique ID that is needed to add them to a server group. I think there might be a way to use the Database ID to add them to a group, but that would require ServerQuery login and/or database access, something that I think only Sandbag has access to.

9. {PR} Liam

CZs Received:
    Well with server database experience, we were able to block a person entirely by their direct ID (ban) why would you want to add them to a server group when you can just perma ban them from the server entirely. PLus... you should have hardware identifiers anyway.... (what keeps dumb people from being able to create new accounts etc) But yet again... TeamSpeaks identifier is easy to get around ban wise anyway...................

10. {PR} Liam

CZs Received:
    I guess I just don't understand your reasoning when you can just perma ban a device....

11. Supplice

CZs Received:
    I did perma ban a device... I guess I just don't understand your reasoning for not reading the OP/title of the thread... And reasoning for wanting to sticky them instead is simply because perma ban for spam is a bit drastic, even if it's the second or third time I've seen it happen and heard complaints about it, (hopefully) getting a chance to tell them to cut it out is a much better alternative.

12. {PR} Liam

CZs Received:
    Well I see your point...But even if you were able to nab them to a group..... they could just hit the shiny red x lol... I guess my views towards spam are different from yours... I have a different expirience I suppose when you have to come up with a way to stop 6 people from spamming D*** P*** in a chat client.... And I can tell a lot of people here underestimate me :p Even though I completely suck at video games....I guess one of these days i am gonna have to show off a bit ^_^

13. Supplice

CZs Received:
    Yeah, I know, that's why I say (hopefully) try to tell them to cut it out. If they refuse to stick around long enough to talk to somebody or reach out to an admin, it's their own fault. As much as I don't like spam and will get on to somebody for it, banning for it seems to be kinda ridiculous to me.

Then again, going around giving everybody a random link and immediately disconnecting seems super suspicious. I mean, Chrome didn't warn me of malicious content, so it should be safe - and it looks like it just needs referrals for some kind of RuneScape stat tracking thing, but why not ask for help? Looks like you're trying to link to viruses when you do that for stuff.

inb4 I find out it was all a ruse and there was a drive-by download of a RAT....

14. {PR} Liam

CZs Received:
    Here is the reason why I believe a person should be banned for link spam... It is easy for a person to set up a simple link to jack data. I have seen it all, from Tor browser to tinyurl to a simple .tk website. Also Chrome has yet to be hacked....it is what you download that gets you...But yes Suppy I will lwt the admins do their job ^_^