1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Creativerse

Discussion in 'General PC Gaming' started by Abaddon, Dec 7, 2014.

Will you play it?

1. Yes, looks AMAZING!!!

75.0%
  2. No, these kind of games suck.

25.0%
  3. Meh, I'll stick to Minecraft.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Abaddon

Abaddon Your Worst Nightmare Council Member

CZs Received:
    So I started playing this new game called Creativerse by Playfulcorp. It's still in Alpha and they are charging for Early Access on Steam, but it will be released as a Free To Play. So don't buy unless you are rich or want to support the Devs because it will be free! Some call it a Minecraft clone, but it is VERY different than Minecraft other than it also being a voxel-based sandbox mine, craft, and build game.

Check out their Dev Blog to see what they have been working on.

Creativerse is a sandbox adventure game set in a beautiful yet treacherous world shrouded in mystery. Adventure solo or bring your friends, unearth secrets, and tame the land together!

You can purchase access to the alpha version of the game, where you'll have the chance to help shape the game's destiny with your feedback. Or you can wait until the game goes free-to-play to get in on the fun.

Explore - Climb the highest peaks or plunge the furthest depths of the catacombs

Fight - Seek out and battle ferocious monsters; master the combat skills needed to dodge their unique attacks

Collect - Scour the land for resources and precious gems; unlock powerful tools with secret recipes

Create - Craft your dream house on ancient vistas; don't stop there -- build your dream town

Share - Show your creations to the world or jump into friends' worlds and start playing together

Get it now on Steam! (Currently 40% off until Dec. 15)

Seriously though...this game is great. It's worth buying, and is a must have for FTP.

Tags:
  2. Abaddon

CZs Received:
    My Review Thus Far (Early Alpha)

What I like:
    • The world is beautiful! Great graphics, world design, night sky full of galaxies, monsters look good, character item models look great. 10/10
    • Controls - simple, responsive, tab switching between weapon and glove works great, easy to get around and fun to bunny hop around.
    • Mining - use a glove to harvets mats rather than having to make a pickaxe, hatchet, shovel, etc for separate mats, your one glove picks up everything. You upgrade your glove with different "power-cells" which have different levels of mats it is able to pick up.
    • Monsters - a wide array throughout the work, nicely designed (cute and cartoony, yet terrifying). Easy mode on the surface, and very difficult the further down you go. Night makes them glow in the dark and makes them way more powerful, sunlight burns night monsters to death. Unpredictable animations, some run, some are aggressive, all have a special devastating attack that it charges and you can watch for to avoid.
    • Environment is living. Water flows/freezes/melts. While harvesting beeswax from hives in trees, you can find a "queen bee" which you can plant in a tree and it will grow more beeswax. "The corruption" grows, and if you were to harvest a corrupted block and placed it on the surface, it will start corrupting all the blocks it touches.
    • No crafting menu, use work bench, processor, and forge for the process of making something.
    • Crafting timers have been removed, all crafting is instant.
    • Teleporters! - drop a teleport stone wherever you want for you or your friends to teleport back to anytime. Build actual teleporters and code them to walk into to take you to different parts of the world so you dont have to run/climb/descend forever.
    • Death takes you back to your teleport stone, keeps everything in hotbar - lose everything in inventory, leaves an urn with all your inventory in the place you died with a light beam shooting into the sky and a marker on your compass so it's easy to get back to.
    • Cash shop for special block packs, special elite recipes, and pay to speed up has been completely removed.
    • Every player gets one free world (server) setup on the cloud. It's always live, and your friends can all join you. My world is called Abaddon's Lair, pm me for password.

What I Hate - It's alpha so it will probably all be changed:
    • Some mats can't be picked up and you have to build "extractors" to extract a material from the block. this can take quite some time depending on the material (5-20mins I've seen so far)
    • Processor/forge has appropriate timers for appropriate mats (and arent long) but its still annoying having to wait. Makes you just build a wall of them to proccess more and quicker.
    • Armor/weapons - can be upgraded to several levels of quality and power, yet as of now, all have the same durability that degrades fast to strong monsters. Spend hours farming for diamond armor and weapons, only to have it degraded just as fast as leather and wood. Guarantee this will be fixed very soon!
    • Wish they had more block variety, not only textures and mats, but things such as corner-blocks, pyramid blocks, etc.
    • Monsters can be very buggy, glitching and getting stuck on your house sometimes.
    • Progressive crafting system can be a pain because since you have to craft to unlock next in line, you arent sure what your other options are, what mats you will need, or what you have to craft in order to get there. Instead you have to sit there and craft everything to find out.
    • Craftables on workbench are greyed out and only colored when you mouse over. This is extremely annoying spending 5 mins mousing over a wall of blocks to find the texture you want since they all look the same.

R6 Update:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOrsq2aBdAY&list=WL&index=119

R7 Update Patch Notes

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dlNGwaURTk&list=WL&index=121

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2014
  3. Sandbag

Sandbag Wanna buy a watch? Council Member

CZs Received:
    I don't mind the times - you just have to get ahead of the game. Dump your mats in go do what you need to do and when you come back with more, replace.

Extractors; I always use the fancy ones, and drop em on while I'm mining, then collect them on the way back.

Armour annoys me a bit too. I don't know that they have the same durability - it just seems that way because you're fighting stronger mobs. Some way to repair, even once, would be better than having to rebuild from scratch all the time.

If you leave single block holes, mobs will spawn in them - they can spawn in single block gaps.

Anyhoo, thanks for my new addiction - I been watching Slipg8r play it and I'm glad you convinced me to join in the fun. Deffo worth it even if I lost my swimming pool to "Alpha".

• Like Like x 1
  4. Abaddon

CZs Received:
    It's great so far and it will only get better from here. Glad I have lots of people to play with now! :D

I've been watching his videos too. Second half of this video shows all the buildables in the game as of now. Nice to see them all laid out at once without having to craft them all yourself. :p

View: http://youtu.be/EnGeN2DHt6o

5. {PR} Liam

{PR} Liam He who hesitates is lost! -Bass.exe Tekkit Admin

CZs Received:
    That looks like an advanced rip off of Minecraft. Smh

Sent using Supernatural Psyche Transmission

6. Abaddon

CZs Received:
    Its nothing like Minecraft.

7. Abaddon

CZs Received:
    Huuuge update today, biggest yet! 10 new biomes, 58 new blocks, 6 new monsters, and more. Im super pumped.

Requires a new world generatation, but my old world Abaddons Lair is still playable without the new features. I will be creating a new world Abaddons Lair II soon with the same password "swaggedoutbro"

Changelog

8. Abaddon

CZs Received:
  9. ZiN

ZiN The Polock {PR} Trainee

CZs Received:
    curious is there any type of simulated dungeon fighting.. like tekkit mine craft with the castles and what not..

10. Abaddon

CZs Received:
    No dungeons or anything like that, its all just free roaming mosters and random chests everywhere as far as I know. But then again I havent ventured into hell or the corruption yet since this huge update because Im kinda scared to. Not sure if they plan on bringing something like that in or not but the game is still very early in development and is still pretty basic. Id guess they will with the direction they have been going. Its definitely worth a play, its very different from minecraft and is futuristic. It will be free to play on release too by the way.

• Like Like x 1
  11. ZiN

CZs Received:
    yes i had read through ur posts before asking.. ha Minecraft only bore me bc it had no sense of dungeons or party play.. love the factor of having party play and killing mobs to get to a boss.. who every added that in tekkit was great.. but i'll keep following unfortunately unemployment doesn't bring money in so i'll have to wait to play for free.. ha

12. Abaddon

CZs Received:
  13. Abaddon

CZs Received:
    @ZiN If you like the idea of Minecraft but want more dungeons, bosses, and party play, I would recommend you definitely check out the Minecraft mod Nevermine 2: Advent of Ascension. It has 300 tough mobs, great gear progression, guns and staves on top of new swords and bows, pets/minions, level up skill system, 18 new dimensions to explore on top of vanilla stuff, 20 bosses, and much more. It is still in development too with tons of new stuff to come. It definitely takes a lot of grinding and teamwork to explore (new dimensions are VERY hard) and boss fights are supposed to be incredibly difficult. PM me if you'd like to know more, we have a server.

Download link
    http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...8-new-dimensions-300-mobs-27-bosses-450-items

Wiki
    http://adventofascension.gamepedia.com/Advent_of_Ascension_Wiki

14. ZiN

CZs Received:
    OMG I AM IN HEAVEN!! will def. make my friend switch his server to this..

15. Abaddon

CZs Received:
  16. Abaddon

CZs Received:
    My World: Abaddons Lair II
    Password: swaggedoutbro

Everyone is welcome to check out my world. You will have visitor status when you first join until I promote you to builder status (which is what allows you to pickup and place blocks). With visitor status you are allowed to run around and look at things but can't interact with anything. All you have to do is leave a comment or PM me here or on Steam for builder permissions.