1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Galaxy Ball!

Discussion in 'StarMade' started by Master of Ceremonies, Aug 26, 2014.

1. Master of Ceremonies

Master of Ceremonies New Guy! {PR} Member

CZs Received:
    I'd like to present the first of (hopefully) many minigames to come from the new Entertainment Council.
    Galaxy Ball!!!! It's located in 15,10,5, which will hopefully be a protected sector very soon. The way it works is really quite simple. Everyone uses ships with 100% of their weapon damage converted to a push or pull effect, then you separate into 2 teams and see who can get a flashing ball into the other team's goal. You are free to build your own ships within certain size specifications (The rules and measurements are posted at the arena) And I'll provide some sample ships everyone can use. The way I have my ships set up, they can toggle red and blue lights on the outside to mark which team they are playing for. If anyone wants, I can explain a very simple way to do this.

I only have 1 sample ship built right now, the Galaxy Gunner. It has push and pull machine guns with 5 outputs each.

That's about it for that, I hope to see everyone there. Get building! Maybe I'll be able to have a Galaxy Ball tournament sometime, with faction themed ships and stuff. Could be neat. See attached pictures for a bit more info.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    Tags:
  2. Master of Ceremonies

CZs Received:
    Unfortunately I had to remove much of this arena, since it was causing lagg when people were bumped into the sides of it. I need to think of a new way to go about this game.

3. Sandbag

Sandbag Wanna buy a watch? Council Member

CZs Received:
    Still very cool! I'm away off and over the next couple weeks - but I'll drop in when I can.

4. Master of Ceremonies

CZs Received:
    I need to raise my prices. This project is going to end up requiring about 18x as much material as I originally anticipated, and about all the money I was given for it has been put into building materials. (And I still need approximately 200,000 more grey hull pieces.
    On a side note, I can hardly do any of the logic I was hoping for. It causes massive lagg on that kind of scale. :/ I had plans for an automatic ball return system and score keeping

5. Sandbag

CZs Received:
    Can I not just give you the hull you need?

6. Supplice

Supplice He who flatters his superiors, betrays them. Council Member

CZs Received:
    Yeah Sandy, cough cough. You should be helping the community that wants to make mini-game area zone things! It keeps the game cool and exciting!

7. Master of Ceremonies

CZs Received:
    I already went about the annoying process of getting 600,000 hull pieces. xD And dealing with the stupid amount of pirates everywhere... (Please Sandy fix this...)

8. Master of Ceremonies

CZs Received:
    Galaxy Ball is completed!!!! Everyone feel free to build ships and stop by 15 10 5 to play!
    Ships must have a length and width of 25 or less, and a height of 15 or less. All weapons are allowed but 100% of their damage just be converted to a push, pull, or stop effect. Center rings are 2 points side rings are 1 point. That's about it... I'm gonna work on some detail stuff for the arena later. (It needs an area to store a lot of extra balls...)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Sandbag

CZs Received:
    very cool! I checked it out today. The logic Balls are a cool touch.