1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Happy 20th Doom!

Discussion in 'Frontpage News' started by King8Bit, Dec 10, 2013.

• by King8Bit, Dec 10, 2013 at 2:31 PM
  • King8Bit

King8Bit BOOM Shakalaka! Council Member

CZs Received:
    W-Are-Doomed-Doom-Tribute-Logo.

That's right, Doom turned 20 today. I'm still finding it hard to believe it's been that long. Check out Game-Art-HQ's tribute to Doom and stop on by the Brutal Doom Server (184.22.66.202:10666) and kill some demons!

Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
    Tags:
  • Categories: Uncategorized

Comments

Discussion in 'Frontpage News' started by King8Bit, Dec 10, 2013.

1. Supplice
    Just remember, every year it gets older, every year it gets closer to....
    [​IMG]
  2. King8Bit
    Haha, no no no. Id Software was always better about their games than 3d Realms. For one you won't see Id passing it to another studio to make. If and when Doom 4 is released it will be all Id and I'm sure it will be better than DNF. Which reminds me, did you know someone actually finished the original DNF and released it as a mod for Duke 3d. I haven't played it, but from what I hear it's much better than that Gearbox version.
  3. Supplice
    Well, what upsets me in the case of this game, is that Gearbox handled it and it was such a disappointment for so many. Not only did they make the great Borderlands games, but Halo PC was done by them - an absolutely excellent port with added in maps and weapons that were amazingly well done. How could they have screwed up so bad?
  4. King8Bit
    I think it just took so many years through so many studios that no matter who got it in the end it still would have had the same result.
  5. Saiboogu
    It wasn't a bad game, it was just a modern take on the old Duke, and critics / gamers these days aren't looking for the same thing. Like 8bit said, took too long. Target market grew up, new gamers couldn't handle it. Critics are a bit too soft these days. ;-)
  6. Gorian
    So, I've never heard of Brutal Doom before this post. Sounds like you install original doom, and then add the Brutal Doom mod?
  7. King8Bit
    That's right, you'll also want a loader to run it all. I recommended Zandronum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. PsychoAco
    The problem with id right now is that both Carmack and Romero are gone. Doom 4 will just never be the same...
  9. King8Bit
    Indeed, I don't think we'll ever see Doom 4 really. At least we have badass mods for the original.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. Gorian
    Finally got Brutal Doom working with Zandorum. It's actually really neat!