1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jedi Academy Server is up!

Discussion in 'Frontpage News' started by King8Bit, May 11, 2014.

• by King8Bit, May 11, 2014 at 12:04 AM
  • King8Bit

King8Bit BOOM Shakalaka! Council Member

CZs Received:
    Server is up so stop on by and give feedback in the forums. There's about 11 maps in the cycle mostly FFA with some Duels mixed in. The FFA maps do have 5 bots on them and the duels are empty and before you do anything you want to download the client plugin for JA+ here have fun! Remember I'm still doing tweaking all the time to it so outages may happen.

Server @ 184.22.66.202:9099
    Label PR-GAMING JA+ Mixed FFA/Duel

• Like Like x 1
    Tags:
  • Categories: Uncategorized

Comments

Discussion in 'Frontpage News' started by King8Bit, May 11, 2014.

1. Supplice
    Is grapple hook enabled?
  2. King8Bit
    yes sir
  3. Supplice
    I LOVE YOU.

I would love you even more if it has instant travel speed....
  4. King8Bit
    Its pretty snappy as is right now, it's got a 2000 value on the speed.
  5. Nimitz
    MUST DOWNLOAD GAME NOW.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Sandbag
    Wanna saber fight me, Nimitz?

sent through the air using science
  7. Gorian
    idk, I heard you were too good at those sandy ;)
  8. King8Bit
    Just a little more detail on the server, I have realistic damage on so usually 2-3 saber hits will end you. I also have no health pickups turned on. I did this for a number of reasons, it makes matches more fast paced and chaotic. Combine this with setting your cg_dismember to 300 or if you prefer you can download my autoexec.cfg file I've attached. Just remember it also has a resolution setting of 1920 x 1080 so you'll want to change that if yours differs. Stick it in your "Jedi Academy\GameData\japlus\" folder. If you want any client side mods the best place to go is www.jkhub.org I highly recommend the "Skyline Menu" mod since we're using the JKA+ mod. Also be sure after you have the JKA+ client plugin installed that you add the launch option "+set fs_game japlus" to launch the game with the JKA+ mod. As always if you have any questions let me know.

**Small edit to the original post. I was trying to get a mixture of realistic and normal saber damage. However after a little testing the variable would get stuck in one state and would not change without a server restart. For this reason I've moved damage back to normal. Still, having dismemberment on is nice :D also @White Glint I've adjusted the grapple to instant.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  9. Cryzark
    I tried to play this game yesterday, and I literally forgot how to play it. Still amazed that it's been basically a year since we first played this game, it was so much fun. :p
  10. King8Bit
    Yeah, it's a lot of fun for sure, always has been. Hoping to get some traffic soon. Got a few people trickling in since launch but it seems as soon as I kill them they leave soon after. Guess I'll have to sacrifice myself a'la Obi Wan :p
  11. Cryzark
    I'll come check out the server after my matches.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Cryzark
    Hey this is very off topic, but I can't see what posts have been +cz'd?
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Abaddon
    Forgive me by saying I've never really played this game before. I have it but haven't tried it yet. I looked it up and it looks like a blast. Could be a great game for the next PR tournament by the looks of it. ;)

Sent from Tapatalk on Android
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Nimitz

YES, let us cross sabers!
    • Like Like x 1