1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC | Skyforge

Discussion in 'LFG Requests' started by Supplice, Aug 24, 2015.

1. Supplice

Supplice He who flatters his superiors, betrays them. Council Member

CZs Received:
    Hey-o guys and gals. Less of a LFG post since I still have plenty of peeps to play with and more trying to get people interested in this game and find even moar people to play with.

Skyforge is a fairly new F2P MMO with a lot of unique features, you play as an immortal that grows into becoming a God/Goddess and its class system allows you to unlock and switch between classes at virtually any point and time. There's lots to say about the game but I'm trying to keep it short - waiting on my MRI atm - I suggest doing some research and checking it out if you're interested.

If anybody has any questions or wants to talk about it, I will be free here in a couple hours or so.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

Tags:
  2. Gorian

Gorian everybody do the flop! Council Member

CZs Received:
    I'm wary of new MMOs, most of them are just reshashes of the same thing. What makes this one stand out?

To be fair, you did introduce me to warframe and that game is a nice deviation from the boilerplate :)

3. Supplice

CZs Received:
    TLDR version is:
    Character/class progression akin to Path of Exile, go through spending sparks on nodes and unlocking more classes, can switch classes at any time not in combat, etc.
    No actual character levels, everything is dictacted by prestige/proficiency levels.
    Can become a God. A mother fucking God.
    Actual decent boss mechanics, and cool bosses at that, with awesome animations to show if you're dazed, confused, whatever.
    Action combat - game will get difficult where you can't just sit in one spot and tank :poop:, have to move and dodge and be aware of surroundings and know what you are doing.
    No holy trinity. No healing. Seriously, none. You can add shields, buffs, that's about it and tank. That's about it. You're stuck with not fucking up, consumables, and picking up occasional healing orbs - that you have to share with the team.
    Complexish stat/class system. I like it.

Honestly though - there's a lot to it and I'm too lazy to type it all out on my phone.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

4. Abaddon

Abaddon Your Worst Nightmare Council Member

CZs Received:
  5. Supplice

CZs Received:
    He didn't even break 650 Prestige, how sad.

I should probably have opened this post saying all the negative reviews (or first impressions, in this case) that I've seen thus far have come from either extremely low prestige players that really have no idea what they are talking about, or insanely bad players - I've hopefully highlighted in the previous posts the game *does* take a decent amount of skill. It also may be a combination of the two. Funny enough, AngryJoe made a similar video and had the sense to not hate on it for Beta bugs that have since been patched/mostly patched and recommended people to try it.

There were a few things in there that I could understand you passing it up and wouldn't fault you for it, but it all depends on what you consider and define "quite negative" I suppose. A good 70+ percent of that video was his own utter stupidity. Kinda surprised he has that many subs, tbh.

I prefer AngryJoe's - and even then I hate the lack of real content, how ignorant Joe is, and everything else. Butttt he doesn't go needlessly bashing everything caused by his own stupidity, or beta bugs (that have since been fixed), or the like - and does say it's worth a try.