1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

StarMade Logic Block fun.

Discussion in 'StarMade' started by Sandbag, Aug 19, 2014.

1. Sandbag

Sandbag Wanna buy a watch? Council Member

CZs Received:
    So StarMade now has Logic Blocks! Aww Yeah. I've been playing with them some - using them on my station and my model of Destiny.

Station: has flashing orange and yellow lights at the trader/manufacturing bays. The Central City Tower has a tall array of lights that flash between Blue and Green. The Central Tower is white and I also have strip lighting running up the face. It alternates between a run of purple up the face of the tower and Yellow. The strip lights tend to run along the blocks, whereas the block lights just go on and off in groups.

Destiny: I've been playing with the ability to turn lights on and off around the ship from my control room. I've also set up the ability to open and close different hatches from the control room. The whole ship has warning lights (red) for when Destiny is under attack. These red lights flash on and off around the whole ship letting people walking around the ship know they must prepare for battle. I achieved this with 2 control blocks, an AND block and a delay block. the delay block turns each light in the series on so the ship flashed red in waves. The AND block allows me to switch it on and off.

The Blocks: They have OR, NOT, PULSE, DELAY and CONTROL blocks. Control blocks come in different flavours. You have a simple activation module, area activation modules and a module that activates when you walk on it. I used that in one of my corridors - you walk over the block and strip lighting switches on, lighting the corridor. I used the area control block to switch all the lights in my control room on. If I go to my "Chair" (think stargate control chair) then all of the lights in the control room come on.

It's added a new bit of fun to Starmade.

Tags:
  2. Supplice

Supplice He who flatters his superiors, betrays them. Council Member

CZs Received:
    But why should I play Starmade....

Sent from my Mind using Magic.

3. Ebon_Heart

Ebon_Heart Phantom in Training {PR} Trainee

CZs Received:
    Destiny sounds like a fun ship. Too many turrets for my taste but I can fix that. :)

on a completely unrelated note you should pay me a visit sometime.

4. garler

garler How do I internet? Council Member

CZs Received:
    You need to help me set up the flashing red light alert for my ship too... that sounds epic.

5. Sandbag

CZs Received:
    Because Supp, I think you'll enjoy the challenge of building efficient power systems and weapon arrays

sent through the air using science

6. Sandbag

CZs Received:
    Can do Garler.

sent through the air using science

7. Ebon_Heart

Ebon_Heart Phantom in Training {PR} Trainee

CZs Received:
    My faction also sells some pretty big firepower.... Lots of Agony level weapons.