1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam's Event: "Get your link clicked for free Steam Wallet Cards"

Discussion in 'General PC Gaming' started by Blood, Jun 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blood

Blood Watch Your Head {PR} Member

CZs Received:
    Don't know if anyone saw this, yet, and I'm lazy about looking things up on the forum, but Steam's Summer Promo is the share a link, like mine: <Link Removed - Scam Alert> and for every 20, 50, 70, and 100 clicks you get on your link, you get a free Steam Wallet card.

It's a great opportunity for each PR member or member who frequents the forum to share their links and get some free Steam Wallet cards!

Again, here's mine, clicking it would be greatly appreciated, and I'll definitely click yours back (if you know what I'm sayin') <Link Removed - Scam Alert>

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2014
    Tags:
  2. Supplice

Supplice He who flatters his superiors, betrays them. Council Member

CZs Received:
    I'm pretty sure some other person/people have posted links of this before and were made aware it's a scam... As in there are surveys involved, it's been said that they will ask you to login through your Steam account, presumably not through any legitimate measure Valve has control over, and steals it.

It is NOT affiliated with Valve or Steam in ANY way, the site itself even claims this. Passing it off as such, potentially getting people scammed, accounts stolen, etc - seems a bit... mean, imo. Research is a good friend.

@Saiboogu @Sandbag @Nimitz

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Saiboogu

Saiboogu Reality continues to ruin my life Council Member

CZs Received:
    Yeah, I dug a bit into the steam-cards deal a few weeks back, and it looks like a straight-up scam. Did some research and found a whole network of cloned "Free steam cards" sites sharing servers and DNS contact info, all slightly different, all trying to look as official as possible (but with disclaimers tucked away for CYA). It's one of those smells like a rat, probably a rat things.

4. Nimitz

Nimitz Jedi Master Triumvir

CZs Received:
    Suppy is right, this is not a legitimate website. Be careful what you find on the interwebs, lots of "cool" stuff that in the end turn out to be scams and headaches.

Research is must!

5. Sandbag

Sandbag Wanna buy a watch? Council Member

CZs Received:
    I banned someone for posting these links in TS.

6. Supplice

Supplice He who flatters his superiors, betrays them. Council Member

CZs Received:
    Yes, well, I didn't even want to remove links without you three being tagged/knowing about it.

7. Sandbag

Sandbag Wanna buy a watch? Council Member

CZs Received:
    Just so we're clear, I banned a non member. They spammed the link. I didn't insta ban a member or anything.

• Informative Informative x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.