1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC | GW2 Dungeons/Fractals Group

Discussion in 'LFG Requests' started by Abaddon, Sep 2, 2015.

1. Abaddon

Abaddon Your Worst Nightmare Council Member

CZs Received:
    Recently went back to Guild Wars 2 after a much needed break and want to start running dungeons and fractals with a consistent group so I can avoid the tards in LFG. I am so close to my dungeon master achievement. But my main goal is to make it to level 50 fractals before Oct. 23rd (release of HoT).

If you are interested, comment with what level 80 toons you have available for dungeons and fractals, their build (link), amount of AR, which dungeon paths you need for dungeon master, fractals reward level, and what all you're willing to do. Check the spoiler to see what we need to be most successful.

Guardian - Meta GS Scepter/Torch with Runes of Flame Legion, 60 AR
    Thief - Meta Dungeon Build, 25 AR
    Warrior - Phalanx Strength with Scholar Runes, 0 AR

Need Twilight Arbor Aetherpath, Arah P3 & 4
    Fractals reward level 24

Up for any dungeons and any level fractals but prefer lvl 24-49 fractals.

See Spoiler Below

Perfect Party:
    1 Guardian - GS/ Mace/Focus DPS Build - Bring scepter/torch when range and high DPS needed
    1 Mesmer - S/S S/P DPS Shatter Build - Bring S/F for the Reflect/Phantasms variation
    1 Thief - D/D S/P DPS Build - Bring shortbow when range, blast finishers, and stealth needed
    2 Warriors - GS Axe/Mace Phalanx Strength DPS Build - Bring rifle when range needed

Alts - not ideal:
    Ele - Sure but only the Staff DPS Build with Flame Legion Runes - job is more to drop ice bows and support with waters and reflections than DPS
    Engi - Sure but only Power Grenadier Build - job is to spam grenades to maximize vuln stacks and water turrets
    Necro - No
    Ranger- No

Last edited: Sep 27, 2015
    Tags:
  2. Sandbag

Sandbag Wanna buy a watch? Council Member

CZs Received:
    oo oo Pick Me!!

no ar as yet
    not sure which paths I need.

condi necro 80 (have power gear also)
    shatter condi mes 80
    power mes 80
    tough elle 80 (have both dungeon tough and semi zerk gear)

3. Abaddon

CZs Received:
    I'd say try out one of those variations on the power mes build linked in the spoiler - probably the sword/focus-/sword phantasm reflect variation over the /pistol shatter build (spec Inspiration instead of Illusions). Full Assassins gear with Scholar Runes, all zerk trinkets but assassin earrings, sigil of force on shared sword and your choice on the offhand focus and sword (on crit proc probs ex. fire or frailty), and slice of candied dragon rolls for food and dungeon specific wrenches. Read slot changes and usage sections for the build linked in spoiler for all the important stuff.

For the ele, no dungeon tough builds - DPS is more crucial over survivability and support. Semi-zerk? Maybe, depends on what it is exactly. Mixing zerker with one or two knights pieces then maybe. Full zerker would be best, and is better than assassins. Do not use Scholar Runes, get Runes of the Flame Legion - or Strength if you can afford them... Full zerk trinkets and zerk staff of force and your choice of second. Truffle Steak and dungeon specific wrenches. Read usage section for the build linked in spoiler for the best DPS rotations.

Keep your necro away please. Kthanks:inlove:

AR is easy and cheap to get up to 30 if you have full ascended trinkets. After that, it gets more difficult. You can get Versatile Simple Infusion that gives +5 AR for 75 fractal relics each, and you will make quite a bit per run. Should be able to get an infusion every two runs (actual drop rates). And to see how much AR you need per level, see this table.

If you need tips on gearing up most efficiently, check out:
    http://www.pr-gaming.net/threads/getting-geared-for-less-level-80.751/

Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
  4. Sandbag

Sandbag Wanna buy a watch? Council Member

CZs Received:
    Ahh kk. Guess I'll get ANOTHER set of gear for my mesmer then.

5. Abaddon

CZs Received:
    Haha yeah, you typically have a a couple sets for WvW only, a set for PvE, and a set for dungeons. Some have a set for fractals and a set for Tequatl, and you used to have to have a set for PvP before they made it completely instance based.

Reasoning is there are many good builds for WvW for different situations (condi or zerk for roaming, soldier for blobbing); PvE usually is full glass damage to maximize DPS for yourself with scholar runes and bloodlust since everything is a trash mob; Dungeons sometimes are more supportive than PvE and aim to maximize DPS as a team like runes to keep enemies burning for guards and those with flame legion runes in your party which do more damage to burning enemies and sigils like frailty to maximize vuln stacks for your party to do more damage to bosses, night since half of them are at night, and seperate dungeon specific weapon sigil sets to do 10% more damage to a type of mob (undead for Arah is in particularly useful); for fractals a spare set in case you need that tankier gear (like knights) just for added toughness to get past that specific part (the asuran heat room and char city siege part at the start for example) then switch back to glass for trash and bosses (also gear can break and there are no repair stations in fractals like there are in dungeons so bring repair canisters and an extra set or you'll be naked and useless, hehe); and the Tequatl world boss cannot be critted making all zerk gear and on crit proc sigils useless (most run soldiers with something like flame legions or similar for maximum group damage with force and undead slaying sigils I believe).

Now you understand why my bank is always full and why my thief has 4 complete armor, trinket, and weapon sets of 4 for each (d/d, d/p, s/p, and sb), as well as extra weapons with bloodlust, night, mob specific, etc for the one situation they would be the best option. 20 slot invisi bags and buying extra bank slots and inventory bag slots are your friend.

Message sent via multidimensional teleportation.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2015
  6. Abaddon

CZs Received: