1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Player Report | Supplice

Discussion in 'Reports' started by chimpy, Jun 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chimpy

chimpy New Guy! {PR} Member

CZs Received:
    Player to be reported:
    Supplice
    Server in question:
    Teamspeak
    Description of Event:
    Jarrabis and I were talking about the lyrics of Rap God one day, Supplice mistook it for a "rap battle" and without warning put a talk power on the channel. The next morning I joined the same channel to talk to CZ and play Terraria but Supplice would not give me talk power and chose to argue with me. Soon after Supplice made a LOCKED channel and I was unable to talk to my friend or play games with him.

Regards Chimpy​

Tags:
  2. Supplice

Supplice He who flatters his superiors, betrays them. Council Member

CZs Received:
    If you define talking as rapidly spitting out words that are nowhere near the lyrics of a song I actually listen to (Eminem being one of 2-3 rap/hip-hop artists I can tolerate) then yes, that is what you and Jarabis were doing. It should be noted that channel was the Terraria in-game channel (which, Layteckz was ORIGINALLY banned for doing the first time he did it to Sandbag) and I was temporarily muted while watching a news related video - came back to Jarabis spitting things out and got a moment to ask what was going on, was ignored just for you guys to keep going on (and even talk over each other) and not give me a moment to say anything. So, yes, I moderated it - something that's been needing to happen considering how often we get bombarded by off topic speeches in the in-game channels, and I've been noticing you pop into one of these channels quite often Chimpy, almost every single time not playing the game but rather to try to talk others into playing something else and distracting others/talking over others. I've been more than patient with you and was excruciatingly patient with you regarding your attitude on how I resolved your rap battle/discussion on lyrics - whatever you want to call it.

Why you didn't get talk power - You weren't in game. Plain and simple.
    Locked channel - Yes, believe it or not, people can have locked channels - in PvP games where you don't want somebody to 'spy' on you, you can lock a channel.

I REALLY didn't like your attitude with me before, and I ended up suggesting you reading the rules - I'm assuming you didn't do that. Let's highlight a few. Full rules here and here - read both.

• If you only want people in chat that you are gaming with - use In-Game chat
    • Do not enter in game chat channels unless you are going to be playing that game, that is what they are for
    • Keep unnecessary chatter to a minimum if you are in a game channel. While commentary is fun remember that other people are trying to play. (2 more rules similar to this stating to not be annoying)
    • Locked channels to keep out public members are allowed in Game-Chat channels for strategic purposes only.
    • Warnings - Warnings (reminders) should be given before any action is taken. (No action was taken. Your whole basis for an argument is suddenly flawed.)
    • As Members you should have read these rules. You may consider the reading of this page your first warning.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  3. Sandbag

Sandbag Wanna buy a watch? Council Member

CZs Received:
    He wins here Chimp. Make a chat channel if you wanna do that. Not giving back talk power afterwards is a bit cheap though Supp.

sent through the air using science

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. chimpy

chimpy New Guy! {PR} Member

CZs Received:
    im only 13 remember

5. PsychoAco

PsychoAco WAY STATUS: LOST Triumvir

CZs Received:
    That's not a valid excuse. When you joined the clan, you read and agreed to abide by the rules. You have even had a say in what those rules are - and if you broke them, you know what the consequences would be. In this case, I do think that Supplice acted a bit egregiously. However, the errors have been corrected, and you have voice perms back.

6. {PR} Liam

{PR} Liam He who hesitates is lost! -Bass.exe Tekkit Admin

CZs Received:
    Age is not a factor. Everyone has to abide the rules. No matter how old a person is they to have to follow them. :)

Sent from my Space Cadet Mind

7. Supplice

Supplice He who flatters his superiors, betrays them. Council Member

CZs Received:
    Maybe I should elaborate since it's 'a bit cheap' -
    • Logs indicate Chimpy hasn't been on the server... recently. Let's go with that.
    • Chimpy's Steam profile indicates he hasn't even played Terraria in 2 weeks or longer.
    Apologies for limiting talk power to known Terraria players in an effort to limit incidents like this.

I don't know if it would be appropriate for somebody involved in the report to lock the thread, but I don't see the need for everybody and their mother to get involved in it - so if you or some other Council member sees this as resolved and could kindly lock it...

8. {PR} Liam

{PR} Liam He who hesitates is lost! -Bass.exe Tekkit Admin

CZs Received:
    There is nothing wrong with doing your job/business carry on soldier :)

Sent from my Space Cadet Mind

9. Gorian

Gorian everybody do the flop! Council Member

CZs Received:
    Done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.